Thursday, August 14, 2014

...rainy day.

I grew up in Utah.  A dessert.

We have lived in Virginia for eleven years.  The amount of rain that falls here still amazes me.  I'm not talking the quick five minute micro-bursts I knew as a kid.  There are SERIOUS amounts of rain that fall here.  Like the heavens open and somebody turns the faucet on full blast...for HOURS.  

I'm not complaining.  

Not one bit.

Mother nature is awesome, no matter where one lives.  

It was a rainy day.  A lot of water fell from the sky.  I didn't capture the rain on film all that well, but you catch my drift when seeing the amount of water that was coming off the roof.  The downspout was gushing like this for half of the day.  

Thankfully we have a working sump-pump!  

The rain kept us inside for most of the day.

I was a 'mean' mom and didn't just let the kids veg in front of the TV all day.  (Don't get me wrong, they watched a movie...or two...)  Kyle found legos and books to keep himself busy.  Colby took on the pillar!

  He's been working for the past couple of weeks to make it to the top all by himself.
 Hard work and determination paid off!!
 
It's the little things, like watching your 5 year old swell with pride from reaching the top, that make being a mom awesome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment