Tuesday, August 12, 2014

...sewing day.

Ever put a project off SO long that you get to the point of actually dreading sitting down to do it?  

Oye'!  The guilt I have felt over this bunch of fabric is unreal.

Back when I had my little business, sewing stuff like this was cake walk.  I did it all the time.  Happy to make hoards of adorable stuff for countless customers.  But that was the problem... I.DID.IT.ALL.THE.TIME.  

I got burned out.  

There... I said it.

I didn't get burned out of sewing.  Hell would have to freeze over before that happened.  What I got tired of was using all of my time to make stuff for OTHER people...for a fraction of the cost things really should be.  I wanted to get back to sewing for ME and MY family, because I LOVE it, and WANT to sew, not because somebody is paying me a few dollars to do it.  

That said, a few of my best friends got use to me being willing to make all sorts of darling custom gifts for their friends and family.  On occasion I'll still take on a few jobs here and there.  

This was one of those jobs.  Unfortunately it just came at a bad time.  (Moving six weeks ago really put a strain on all things creative for a while.)

I finally realized that I couldn't put this box of fabric to the side any longer.  I had to just power through and get 'er done!  Two projects down...two to go.  
Nursing Cover

Once I get past this box full of guilt fabric, I thing the heavens will open up and sing... And I'll get to start doing some more projects that I am excited to do!  (Read: Finish multiple unfinished quilts, scrapbooking, card making, etc.  The list is long and oh so exciting!)

No comments:

Post a Comment